What are tensile structures?
A tensile structure is a construction form where the roof is made by stretching a membrane (usually thin canvas) on cables,rings or beams. These are mostly thin-shell structures and they work only under stress tensile contrary to the the traditional concrete structures.
Why should you consider installing tensile structures?
The high quality tensile structures have a number of positive benefits over other structures --
- The tensile structure are highly economical and an save a penny when you are looking for a temporary structure.
- They are easy to install and can be fully erected in a matter of hours. They can also be relocated effortlessly.
- They are sturdy as the structure is supported by steel cables and/or fibre membranes.
- They are weather resistant and can be used indoor as well as outdoor. Most of the tensile structures from distinguished suppliers are UV resistant and waterproof making them stand the test of hard weather conditions.
- They have less maintenance issues as they are fungus proof.
- They are perfectly safe to be installed in public places like stadiums and auditorium as they are fireproof.
Where can tensile structures be erected?
Tensile structures can be widely used in number of places for a temporary or semi permanent roofing solution. Some common places where the effectiveness of tensile structures are proved include public mass parking, auditoriums, stalls in events, stadiums, walkways etc. Tensile structures are also available in a number of shapes, sizes and colors so that they can be tailored to meet your requirement and occasion.